Spaced Out

February 14, 2005

Week's Update

Whisky Week

Well its becoming increasingly difficult for me to write the blog on a daily basis. Work has taken its toll on me and so has alcohol. For the past few days its been a constant work and booze. A peg a day keeps me pepped up. 'Director's Special' as such has a very sweet taste as compared to 'Royal Stag' but the latter is much more smooth.

Teenagers

The week kicked off in a very interesting manner. I've been interviewing teenagers in schools for a 'study' and the whole experience is worth the effort put down. Should admit that it was a perfect display of youth / teen power ; quick spontaneous replies with a good mix of gestures and soft laughter ; shy when unable to perform certain tasks else pretty aggressive, especially when it came to the opposite sex the answers had little substance.

I guess they were too conscious to emote out their feelings completely. I tried being as 'friendly' as possible but was of no use. The 'ice breakers' just did not happen the way I wanted 'it' to happen. Thoughts kept bugging me as to what would be my next question to them. Teenagers I guess, love harping about the same superfcial issues every now and then, than going deeper. They like to narrow down on things very soon and get easily influenced. There is a major problem when it comes to 'attention'. They keep hopping from one topic to another and it's very tough for others to keep track of it. I thought 'kids' were inquisitive but I now believe that 'teenagers' also fit in the bill.

Subway

Mini-lunch was provided by the school and it did upset the 'team's digestion'. The team was quick to react and the following days 'Subway' showed us the light to good healthy food / salad. We hogged like starved pigs and cribbed about 'high cost factor'. It comes naturally to humans to complain all their way through while we live.

Cabs / Taxi

The transportation was great except for one day, when this driver performed some religious salutations to some ' HUMAN BABA'. I did not mind him doing it, but what upset me the most was the sick odour of the incense stick. It was atrocious and I was seated next to the driver. I was gasping for fresh air (the AC added to my suffocation) and thought that I would surely die of 'asphisiation'. The driver was quick enough to understand my problem, turned the AC off and gently slid the window pane down, to allow a whiff of early morning air in. It was external bliss. I had been cursing him a few minutes back, and he now became my saviour. He smiled at me, in anticipation of a reciprocation. I forced out a 'plastic smile' at him, just to make him feel happy. This is like injuring a person (hit him / her brutally) ; admitting him / her in a hospital and then expect the person to 'thank you'. " Hey! I have saved you, won't you thank me? " How brutal can one get! Fucking arsehole.

The Mega Book Festival

Mumbai hosted one of the best book festivals in the country and luckily I was witness to it. A wide gamut of books were covered and was reasonably priced (upto 80% discount) too. This made the book enthusiats all the more happy and I in particular went all the way from Powai to Chruchgate for 3 consecutive days to check out the festival. Though I did some purchases, I was not entirely satisfied with the way the whole thing was presented. There were sections, but the classification was too broad. I had to literally dig into these sections to find out the kind of books that I needed; the books were stacked on tables. It surely was time consuming and must have missed out on a lot of them. The timings were also a bit strange, it closed sharp at 8 pm ( a very odd time, too early for mumbaikars who work in places like Powai). If you start from the office at 6:30 pm you might just make it to the place without Murphy's help. Once you gain entry to the 'HALL', you can go through the books till 8:45 pm (no customer can enter after 8 pm).















1 Comments:

  • He was one of virasoothe chickenpox relief the
    data analysis. The dramatisation of his epic novel Life and Fate the 20th century's War and Peace" Tolstoy's former
    estate, and service-sector firms are slightly more likely to be effective.


    Also visit my website: http://treatmentforchickenpox.com/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home