Spaced Out

February 03, 2005

Taxing

Documenting

Everything needs to be documented, to keep the system organised and moving. People like to go through archives and old files to do a comparitve analysis of the present with the past. Does it work out, is a big question? Documents in any form can always be tampered and over a period of time the probability of doing so increases. Sad that we still haven't learnt to trust any kind of system.

Paying tax can be rather painful and what's even worse is to fill in the application form for the same. It takes a month for the thing to get processed (referring to the 'Permanent Account Number' ) and during the process, one gets introduced to the term 'redtapism'.

'Sloppy' , that's exactly what I can call myself or should I blame it on the designer who drafted the PAN form. The whitner was used generously, for the numerous mistakes that I did while filling up the form. The minature sized blocks, where one needs to fit in characters, added to my owes. Soon the realisation dawned that I had a big typo (one other thing that I inherited from my dad) and it needed to be correctedly immediately. Imagine how flexible can one get if you have to correct your typo (which you had been comfortable with ever since you started writing!) for the sake of a damn stupid form.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home