Spaced Out

February 20, 2005

Did hear the word 'Busy' ?

Sad State of Affairs

This is really not done. Imagine I haven't written in the last 7 days. Work I believe is getting on my nerves. I desperately need a break and these late night work with beer sessions are not functioning well. 'Kingfisher' should come up with something new, as their so called 'strong beer' doesn't live up to its name. Guess thats the reason why 'Hayward 5000' is doing well in Mumbai.

The week started off with keying in the information that we had recorded (interview sessions) in the school. It was one hell of a job. I really wonder how these data entry guys/ gals actually sweat it out. It's worse than a coolie's profession. You sit in this stupid badly designed chair of your's; stare at your hand written notes; try to make sense of them (which is the toughest part); then look at the keyboard and type the same out; after all this stuff, when you look at the screen you'll find numerous vocabulary errors. This calls for a toast "Pity thy poor little Sriram !"

Deadlines

Two whole days of non stop keying resulted in damaging my "SACRED SPACE : MY BLOG". I thought I was going to taste 'freedom', till all of a sudden I get this another amazing task to do. The job this time was more challenging than fun. I was asked to deliver a game (flash stuff) in a record time and along with this friend of mine, we nearly made it through the finish line ( of course we completed it a day past the deadline Friday night extended to Satuday)

Indians (exceptions are always there) are known for their amazing sense of puntuality and I had to live up to it. Well after two days of sheer calculations, (the coding in Flash sucks, especially when the software has a bug in it ! I never in my wildest dream thought that I would be coding this thing; as a Designer you just come up with concepts and visualisations) and constant staring at the monitor (I'm sure my lens power would have increased) I finally finished it.

Sinner

I spoilt my Friday evening and Saturday night, by working late night hours, which I believe is a sin that I've commited, and can never ever be forgiven. Sunday was no special either. I lazed about in the bed till afternoon, and eventually got up to attend to my hunger pangs. I went to the loo and saw that I looked rather disgusting. I resembled a barbarian (I really don't know how people tolerate the way I look and speak to them !). My hair was unkempt and the stubles had grown into a full beard. It was rough and pricky, but I enjoyed feeling the same. 'Work' had made me into a barbarian. My back ached and it desperately required rest.

Outwardly Change

Needed to change my looks, so I got a nice decent hair cut and shave and a sexy head massage done (all for just Rs. 50/-) ; filled my tummy with hot tasty Idli Wada (soaked in piping hot sambar). The feeling was awesome. I went home, had a warm shower and slept till 6 pm. I was dead to the dirty outside world which never cared for me. Every part in my body ached and it thanked me for resting it.

Music

Floyd ruled the whole week. They were the only ones who stood by me while at work. Hope I get to write blogs daily instead weekly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home